about - bibliographyquiltmaking | photocrafting | crafting & needlework | bibliography | resumé | personal stuff
- Quilt Blocks Go Wild! 10+ fun and funky projects (Leisure Arts, 2012)
Classics get sliced, skewed, and rocked into fresh, modern looks
Celebrity quilters: Karla Alexander, Pam Dinndorf, Malka Dubrawsky, Tonya Ricucci, Elizabeth Rosenberg plus yours truly, Eleanor Levie
- Unforgettable Tote Bags: 20 Designs Too Cool to Leave in the Car! (Self-published, a green book, 2009)
20 different bags, all with complete instructions
- Skinny Quilts & Table Runners II (That Patchwork Place, 2009)
- Skinny Quilts & Table Runners (That Patchwork Place, 2008)
Each book featuring 15 projects from today's top designers, with names beloved in the quilting world
Each book an eclectic collection of styles and techniques
- American Quiltmaking: 1970-2000 (author, historian), American Quilter's Society, 2004.
- Rodale’s Successful Quilting Library (RSQL) series, volumes 8-15, (book producer/packager, senior editor, photostylist), Rodale, Inc., 1998-2002. RSQLs have been consistent top-sellers and Crafter's Choice selections
- Creative Guide to Color & Fabric
- Rotary Cutting & Speed Piecing
- Favorite Techniques From The Experts
- Innovative Piecing
- Choosing Quilting Designs
- Creative Embellishments
- Marvelous Miniatures
- Drafting & Design, Simplified
- The Quilter's Catalog (wrote the project instructions), by Meg Cox, Workman, 2008
- Quilts To Come Home To (book producer/packager, editor, photostylist), by Joy Hoffman & Darlene Zimmerman, EZ Quilting/Wrights, 2002.
- Threaded Together, The Pink Ribbon Quilt Project (technical editor), Crafter's Choice/Bookspan, 2002
- String Quilts with Style (technical editor); American Quilter’s Society, 1999.
- Country Living Country Quilts (consultant, co-author), Hearst/William Morrow, 1992.
Sold over 100,000 copies in first 2 years; reprinted in soft-cover in 2003.
- Great Little Quilts, 45 Crib and Doll Size Antiques, With Patterns and Directions (author, photostylist), Harry Abrams, 1990. Main selections of the Better Homes and Gardens Crafts Club and the Better Homes and Gardens Country Club.
- Victorian Quilt Block Designs (technical editor) by Jodie Davis, Friedman/Fairfax, 1996.
- Better Homes and Gardens Picture*Piece*Quilt series (quilt scout, editor), Meredith Press, 1994-1995.
photocrafts & scrapbooking
- "Free Halloween photo crafts featured at HalloweenPhotoContest.com (producer, designer, editor, photostylist, writer) 2005 to the present.
- Fun, Free Photo Crafts, archived at http://www.YourPix.com (producer, designer, editor, photostylist, writer), 2006.
- "Robot Pencil Can" (designer), Woman's Day Scrapbooking & Keepsakes, Spring, 2005
- Newspaper Associated Press Service (NAPS) pieces, picked up by hundreds of newspapers around the U.S. (producer, designer, editor, photostylist, writer): Back to School Cards, Halloween Heads, Valentine Gift Box, Picture Gift Tags, Sports Pennants, 2004-present.
- My Best Shot e-newsletter from Fujifilm (producer, designer, editor, photostylist, writer), various photo craft projects featured, 2004-2005.
- "Scrapbooking, Cyberstyle" (writer), U.S. News & World Report, Sept. 13, 2004.
needlework & crafts
- "Close-Knit Cafés," an article on knitting cafés (writer), U.S. News & World Report, April 18, 2005.
- “The New Knitting Cafés” (writer), Yarn Market News, Issue #2, August 2005.
- Fast, Fun & Easy Fabric Bowls (piloted new series, technical and developmental editor), by Linda Johansen, C&T Publishing, 2003. Top-selling quilt book for the year.
- Creations in Miniature: 101 Tiny Treasures to Stitch & Craft (author, editorial manager, photostylist), Krause, 1998. Book of the Month Club (BOMC) – Crafter’s Choice selection.
- Crafting with Flea Market Fabrics (technical editor), Reader’s Digest, 1998.
- Country Living Handmade Country (consultant, co-author), Hearst/William Morrow, 1997.
- Country Accents Crafts & Crochet, Christmas Crochet, Christmas Crafts, White Christmas Crafts (editor), GCR Publishing Group, 1994-1996.
- Woman's Day Crafts & Needlework (associate editor), Woman's Day Special Interest Publications, 1995.
- Better Homes and Gardens Country Pleasures, Christmas at Home (project editor), Meredith Books, 1994.
- Decorating with Giftwraps (directions editor), Harry N. Abrams, Inc., 1989.
- McCall's Craft Books, ABC Needlework and Crafts Magazines, Inc. (book editor), 1985:
- Flower Arranging Country Style
- Flower Arranging for Christmas
- Flower Arranging with Clever Containers
- Baskets in Color
- Sock Buddies
- Career Clothes for Dolly
- Doily Décor
- Bridal Ribbons
- Fashion Doll Wardrobe
- Victorian Crochet for Christmas
- Craft Stick Christmas
- Dough Art Decorations
- Felt Fun for Kids' Rooms
- Woman's World Magazine (editor and chair of the Needlework, Sewing, and Crafts department, responsible for 6 pages of editorial content per week), 1981-1984.
Woman's Day Needlework & Handicraft Ideas (designer, directions-writer), 1978.
- Country Living Country Paint (consultant, co-author, sample painter, photostylist), Hearst/William Morrow, 1998.
- "Getting Personal" and "Three Little Wishes" (designer of 5 decorated rooms, technical editing), Woman's Day Weekend Home Improvement Projects, 1996.
- The Country Look and How to Get It (consultant, co-author), Hearst/William Morrow, 1991.
- McCall's Do-It-Yourself Decorating Book, and McCall's Country Decorating (book editor), ABC Needlework and Crafts Magazines, Inc., 1980.
for kids and families
- The Parents Party Book (author), Golden Books Adult Publishing Group, 1999.
- Tricks & Treats: The Ultimate Halloween Book (directions editor, designer), by Deborah Harding, Reader's Digest, 1998.
- Halloween Fun, 101 Ways to Have a Safe and Scary Halloween (author), Berkley Press, 1993.
- “A Crafty Plan for Summer” (reporter/writer on best new kids’ craft kits), U.S. News & World Report, June 20, 2005.
- McCall's Summer Fun (book editor), ABC Needlework and Crafts Magazine, 1980.